PDA

View Full Version : Create multiple Free text Search Tabs in Excel

Amygal
05-26-2015, 12:56 PM
Hello Everyone.

I am new to this Forum, I have Intermediate knowledge on Excel I am Not that Great with Formulas and VBA.

From Last week I am trying to sort Data But isn't helping me. ( I tried VBA but I dont have Knowledge of this so dont know how to edit the code)

Please help me out : My Query is

I have 200 + line Items , There are 36 Columns with Headers. I am Looking for a Free Text Search Box Which can help me Search By

Region|Partner|Resource name|Location|Function|Skills(remaining columns are the Skills against which There are yes and No)
This is Kind of a Skill Matrix to search.

Requirements : Guidance required to insert a Free text search Tab as I dont know.
The Header are to be freezed The data Should Populate all the Information related to That search ( All 36 Columns)
I dont neeed a drop down in any of the fields
Example : I would like TO SEARCH For a Manager(role) for Retail( Function) is from Region (India) who know SQL (This SQL is a Header Column) See the Image below how it looks.

Yongle
05-26-2015, 01:53 PM
Welcome to the forum

Looks like standard Excel functionality will get you there.
Put cursor in top left of your table
Then on "Data" tab, click on "Filter"
Then select what you need by clicking on dropdown at top of each column
Text filters are very powerful - begins with, equal to, contains, does not contain, and there are advanced filters allowing combinations
NOTE - each time you select in a column everything that does not meet that criteria. So you need to remember to go back and clear your selections if you want everything available when selecting in a different column
Come back if you need help in setting up the filters.