PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Click on Cell, Pop-up with input, put answers into a cell

DarinM
06-03-2015, 06:45 AM
Hi again group!

I keep getting tasked with projects that require input and tracking, so my last few posts have been assisting me with doing so.

This time, I am trying to save column space for more important information, after getting "important contact info" from a customer.

My idea, is Column B will be a "in-put required" column, where you click on the cell and a pop-up comes up and requires you to enter "Clinic Name, Account #, Phone #, E-mail and Contact Name" ... then when you hit ok, it somehow stores the data in 1 cell in column B.

Now for the tricky part (if possible), whenever I re-click that cell, I would like the data to show up and allow me to highlight 1 line (i.e. just the clinic name) and then paste it into an e-mail. It's sort of like a comment or data validation, but allows me to highlight it without either A. editing the comment, or B. opening up data validation.

If that is not possible, is there a way to have that same pop-up requiring the same information, and then putting that information into specific cells? I.e. B = clinic name, C = account #, D= Phone #, etc etc etc.

thanks, trying to brainstorm/troubleshoot ideas to save space, yet still access the information easily

DarinM
06-03-2015, 06:54 AM
nevermind actually, please close this, I will try something else! I found a userForum tutorial online.

delete/close this thread if you can.

thank you..