PDA

View Full Version : Multiple combo box usage

wstring
06-07-2015, 07:23 AM
I'm have trouble with the following items on my form.

1.) Combo box (cmbTicket) will not fill out my form.
2.) I'm also trying to use a module to create a date time stamp with each "New" (cmdNew) ticket as well as an "application. user name" (computer name).
3.) I have three "fruit" combo boxes that I would like to be active when I create a "New" (cmdNew) ticket that pulls from the "DDM" worksheet.

SamT
06-07-2015, 12:56 PM
I Added the named Range " 'PTSD'!TicketNumber ". Then I changed some few of your subs, basically changing the lines "LoadPTSDataList" to LoadcmbTicket. Then I added the UserForm's Initiate sub and called the new Function LoadcmbTicket.

If you like that dynamic named range and want to use it on several sheets. Just edit the columns letters. If you (do) have the same columnHeads on different sheets, but want to keep the Names the same on several sheets, in the Names In Workbook box, prefix the Range Name with 'SheetName'! Single quotes highly recommended This is a Sheet Specific name. Look in the Names on the PTSData Sheet, then look at the names on another sheet.

wstring
06-14-2015, 07:47 AM

Sam,

Thank you, I have three other issues I haven't been able to resolve

1.) Date Time Stamp will not work when I start a "New" Ticket
2.) I can add duplicate records
3.) The Fruit1 - Fruit2 - Fruit3 drop menus won't work when I start a "New" Ticket

SamT
06-14-2015, 08:28 AM
1.) Me.txbDateReceived = Format(Now, "mm/dd/yyyy")
2.) If ws.Cells(irow, 1).Value <> "" Then MsgBox "Duplicate Record"
3.) Me.cmbFruit1.RowSource =Sheets("DDM").Range("E1")

wstring
06-15-2015, 05:03 PM
SamT,

So if I use the code in item 3.) for Fruit2 and Fruit 3 I should get the same results?

wstring
06-15-2015, 05:12 PM
SamT,

I tried your suggestions and I'm now getting an error on opening the form, I don't get it?

SamT
06-16-2015, 07:18 AM
Look for the "<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<" Comments