PDA

View Full Version : VLookup from table 1 to appear in table 2

Timmtamm
06-10-2015, 04:33 PM
I'm trying to get two separate tables to reflect some of the values of each other. I thought I might be able to accomplish this by using VLOOKUP in the cells, but have not been able to successfully accomplish this. The area's I'm trying to work on are "Cal Enabled" on the "Design-Summary!" tab, and from the "Design-Calibration!" tab the "Final Conc" and "Accuracy" columns.

In the end, when MassHunter renders the report, the "Cal Enabled" column should have the same boxes in the first instance that appear in the second instance. Also, the second instance of "Final Conc" and "Accuracy" should show the same values as the first instance.

The tables have XML mapping in them, and the data in each table is rendered into a report by a different application (called MassHunter). I tried adding the identical field names (through the XML source list) to the two different tables, but that just came up with empty fields after rendering. That's why I decided to try VLOOKUP.

So to help see the end result, I've included the pre-rendered template, and then the final rendered report. The template is where the changes need to happen. The Quant version is simply there for reference purposes. Hopefully, it is enough to get the idea of how to accomplish this.

I'm not really a programmer. I just tinker with Excel from time to time, trying to pull out spreadsheets that suit my needs better, so my knowlege base is kinda limited.

Thanks so much.

SamT
06-11-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm trying to get two separate tables to reflect some of the values of each other.
That, sooner or later, winds up as a Circular Reference. IS there any other possible solution for you?

Timmtamm
06-15-2015, 10:23 AM
Since it is looking at different fields of the tables, I would think that it's not a circular reference, but then again, I'm no expert at this.

Maybe a simpler solution? How about just one of the fields? A value from the second table that will appear in the first table. That would be the "Cal Enabled" area. Can we get that to reflect the other table's value?