PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Upgrading from 2003 to 2013 and sharing workbook.

paulked
06-13-2015, 11:15 AM
H guys.

I wrote a spreadsheet about 11 years ago for a company and they have just decided to upgrade thier computers and software after all this time!!! (OK, they have changed pc's but not software).

They have just had new systems throughout and have upgraded to Office 13.

I have re-written the parts of the vba that caused problems (what a nightmare!) and it is all working... Until...

One of the guys there suggested sharing the workbook so that more than one person can use the software at the same time. I tried this with horrible consequences so I said I'd go away and think about it.

Having searched the web and tried various ways I can't fathom out the best way to do this.

The spreadsheet is numerous sheets, forms and hundreds of sub's.

After all that waffling, I'm wondering if anyone has done this successfully and could they point me in the right direction please.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards

Paul Ked

mancubus
06-16-2015, 02:39 AM
hi.

i'm sure you're aware of this:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Use-a-shared-workbook-to-collaborate-49b833c0-873b-48d8-8bf2-c1c59a628534?CorrelationId=2cdb901b-d470-46ba-b142-a08caedcc8fd&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

maybe reading the article may convince the client of avoiding shared workbooks. :)

paulked
06-16-2015, 08:03 AM
Many thanks, I have shown this to the client.

My flabber was ghasted when he said "I'm sure there's a work-around you can find." !!!

I'm plodding through it slowly (but at least I'm getting paid to do it :content:)

I'll mark it solved but I'm sure there will be a few issues you very clever guys can help me sort out.

Thanks again

Best regards

Paul Ked