PDA

View Full Version : Square to link

Juriemagic
06-30-2015, 07:48 AM
Hi good people!,

I don't really know how to word this problem, so I didn't even try looking it up anywhere, (just being honest). Okay, I'm going to sound stupid, but anything to learn! :-).

Sometimes when one has a dropdown, one sees a little square next to it, (with 3 little dots in it..or at least sometimes). If one should click on this little square, it then takes one to another screen where you can edit a list (add or delete data). Then one can update the changes, and this page will then close which also then will take you back to the original page. If one now clicks the dropdown, the new changes can be seen in the drop down.
I'm creating a job card system for hotels, and the fields "Requested by" and "Assigned to", need to work this way. Unless there is a much simpler way of doing this, I would really appreciate all and any help with this. Thank you all!

SamT
06-30-2015, 10:26 AM
I'm creating a job card system for hotels
Sounds like a job for a "VBA" UserForm GUI Front end.

mikerickson
06-30-2015, 03:55 PM
It sounds like you are looking for the DropButtonClick event.

Juriemagic
07-01-2015, 04:31 AM
I have read on creating GUI and I understand that it is VERY un-recommended. So I think I will pass on this. Thanx for the reply...

Juriemagic
07-01-2015, 04:32 AM
Hi mikerickson,

Okay, well I still wouldn't have a clue how to do this. Could you maybe give some idea?

Juriemagic
07-01-2015, 05:06 AM
That's okay mikerickson, I have gone with creating two macros (small buttons) which take me to the names sheet, and there I have made use of the indirect method to achieve dynamic drop down. Thanx for the response. have a great day..