PDA

View Full Version : Paste an image and have it repeat elsewhere in doc automatically

sryan429
07-06-2015, 12:53 PM
Hi all,
I've spent the better part of the afternoon trying to figure this out and for the life of me can't.... What I am trying to do is have a user paste a photo in a form at the beginning of a word doc. Then upon updating that field another content control box will update with that image elsewhere in the doc. So I want to have a single image pasted and then show up at different points throughout the document. Any advise is greatly appreciated!!

gmayor
07-07-2015, 12:06 AM
See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/repeating_data.html and particularly the section on content controls.

sryan429
07-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Hi Graham,
Thanks for the quick reply. Funny enough I actually extensively searched through that link before creating this post. I'm still unclear of how these translate to an image, since the concepts all deal with text only. Do you have any tips?

gmaxey
07-07-2015, 04:31 PM
The concepts do not deal with text only. You don't mention version of Word. If you are using Word 2007 or higher, insert the picture in a picture content control. Map the CC to an XML part and then copy and paste the CC at other locations in the document. You can use my Content Control Tools Add-in to do the mapping.