PDA

View Full Version : MS Access VBA Codes and Procedures to read from Weighing Bridge for vehicles

Braaemma
07-13-2015, 08:38 AM
I have a small Access Database System that manages Axle Load weights but at the moment, the weight displays on a display monitor for the attendant to type into the system. Can anyone help me through a process of programming the VBA to automatically read the weight from the bridge and store it or display it in my text box on an Access form? Thanks in advance.

jonh
07-13-2015, 02:04 PM
How does the value get to the monitor? Is the monitor part of the machine or is the machine connected to a computer?

Braaemma
07-13-2015, 02:59 PM
The Bridge is connected to the computer (RS232) on which my Access Database App is running and another cable is also connected to the Display Monitor. But I need help on how I can read directly into my database since there is already a connection to the computer. Currently, the attendants key in wrong weights intentionally for their Personal gains.

jonh
07-13-2015, 03:11 PM
I'm guessing it's highly unlikely that anybody here would know anything about weigh bridges. So you need to give us details on how it works before we can help you help with the MS Access side of things.