PDA

View Full Version : recall message

v_gyku
09-23-2005, 02:44 AM
I am writing a vb script so that You can retrieve a sent email message before the addressee has opened it (recall message)

If anyone have any idea or links plz tell me.

v_gyku
09-23-2005, 05:47 AM
I am getting all the sentmessages from outlook by this:

Dim oSentFolder As Object
Set oSentFolder = oNameSpace.GetDefaultFolder(Outlook.OlDefaultFolders.olFolderSentMail)

Now for each sent message i have given read reciept request, but how will i come to know that mail have been read.

i.e.
For Each Sentmail In oSentFolder.Items
if sentitem.-----?----- then
delete the message
end if
next

v_gyku
09-26-2005, 05:43 AM
is there any way to know recepient have read or not my message?

if rec. has already read my mail then i will not send recall message to him.....
but if he has not read my mail then i will send him a recall mail and if he opens recall mail before original mail then original mail should get deleted from his inbox.

chocobochick
09-26-2005, 05:50 AM
Try playing around with the various Received properties, such as ReceivedByEntryID, ReceivedByName, or ReceivedTime.

v_gyku
09-26-2005, 06:19 AM
tried all those properies......
not helpfull........
they dont tell u that mail is read or not....

chocobochick
09-26-2005, 06:43 AM
Well, I played with read receipt requests for the first time, and it looks like the only indicator you get that a message was read is a small email sent back by the recipient, displaying the original subject, sent date/time, and received date/time -- and that's only if the recipient's email client was configured to send you such a receipt.

If you know all your contacts are sending read receipts with MS Outlook, you could have the Rules Wizard (or another script) place read receipts -- identified by the text "Read: " at the beginning of the subject line -- in a special receipts subfolder of your Inbox. Then when you need to determine if a contact has read a particular item, you could search through each MailItem in the receipts folder for a subject that contains your original subject and a message body that contains the Sent date and/or the email contact you're looking for. That's about as simple as it will get, I'm afraid.