PDA

View Full Version : 32,000+ Mac Users????

Ken Puls
09-23-2005, 04:36 PM
I stumbled onto this (http://forums.macosxhints.com/index.php?) today.

32,000 plus registered Mac users! What is this world coming to? http://vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif

shades
09-23-2005, 05:09 PM
May be hard to believe, but despite MS attempts at media control claiming only 3% of computers are Macs, the actual number of Macs in use constitute 11% of all computers (when UNIX/LINUX/Win/Mini/Mainframes are considered). So, the number of Mac users worldwide is approximately 40,000,000.

The world is coming to the Mac!!! ;)

XL-Dennis
09-24-2005, 09:11 AM
Hi guys,

I really like Macintosh, especially since my wife (finally!) bought a new Mac laptop.

It's so much nicer and better when it comes to music, videos, images/graphics and lot of other stuff :thumb

Kind regards,
Dennis

shades
09-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Alright, Dennis!!! Now if we could convince MS to port the entire VBA/.Net structure to Macs and Access. Course, then there wouldn't be a need for Windows. ;) LOL

XL-Dennis
09-25-2005, 03:03 AM
... then there wouldn't be a need for Windows. ;) LOL

It's remarkable that MSFT so far have put so little efforts in the UI compared with Mac and Linux-distribution. For many users outside the "office-world" Mac and other system should be a real option to them :)

I've promised my wife to not use her laptop too much but the day I decide to leave the "computer"-world I will use a Mac fulltime ;)

Kind regards,
Dennis

shades
09-28-2005, 10:09 AM
I've promised my wife to not use her laptop too much but the day I decide to leave the "computer"-world I will use a Mac fulltime

Kind regards,
Dennis

You don't have to wait that long. Learn AppleScript, or use Perl/Python etc. on the Mac, and program more than MS Office. :) Given your giftedness, you could be an important addition to the Mac world.
:hi:

XL-Dennis
09-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Rich,

BTW, I must honestly admit that I'm in "love" with X 10.4 Tiger :thumb

Thanks for Your kind post (:)) and here is the deal:

If the future looks promising by the end of February next year I will port myself to the Mac-platform.

Kind regards,
Dennis