PDA

View Full Version : Pull Data From Microsoft Word Form to Microsoft Excel

DTrain24
09-03-2015, 09:31 AM
I work for a construction company that renovates homes in the NYC area. I was hoping you could guide me in the right direction on how to pull data from a Microsoft form to an Excel Spreadsheet. My interior designers fill out forms called finish schedules that include all of the materials (tiles, appliances, plumbing fixtures) that need to be purchased for the properties we are renovating. The forms they complete include the following information:

Vendor
Trade Type
Item Type
Qty
sf/lnft
Model
Color
SKU
The finish schedules also include a picture of the item that is being purchased, but I do not want this to be pulled into excel. I want to be able to pull the information from the forms into excel to make it easier for the procurement team to start purchasing the items in an organized matter. I would also need the macro to be able to recognize it needs to start a new row every time a new item appears on the finish schedule, starting with vendor. I also have columns on the excel documents that are not in the finish schedule such as (Quote, Quote Number, Lead Time) that appear in between the columns above. I would need the macro to skip over these columns when pulling the data into excel.

All help is appreciated, I am fairly new to macros so I apologize if my question is too basic.

Thank you.

snb
09-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Can you please post a sample document that contains the 'form' ? So we don't have to guess what you are talking about.

DTrain24
09-03-2015, 12:43 PM

snb
09-03-2015, 01:47 PM
To give a start:

Sub M_snb()
For Each it In ActiveDocument.ContentControls
MsgBox it.Range.Text
Next
end sub