PDA

View Full Version : FrontPage Question/Problems

Bad_i_BILL
07-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Currently in FrontPage I use SSI (Server Side Includes) This allows me to edit a TOP page or a BOTTOM page & it will change on ALL my pages. (Tops & Bottoms)

I would like to learn how to do this within FP.
I know a wee little bit about shared borders, but not much.
For example, if you visit www.cityoflakestation.com (http://www.cityoflakestation.com) you will see the navigation on the left was created with FP & shared borders.
I recreated it at www.gcr.spiralpages.com (http://www.gcr.spiralpages.com) & used ssi. My results are almost the same.
I need to learn this, I will be using several template in the near future & think I will be much better off getting away from my dependancy on ssi.

Please keep the steps as simple to follow as possible. I am legally blind & complicated instructions frustrate me.

I appreciate the help, Thank You

lucas
07-22-2004, 07:56 AM
Bill,

You might take a look at the themes included with Front Page.

On the toobar go to format and then look for themes. A window will open allowing you to select a theme. You can install more from your disk and you can download them from the web. Do a google search for frontpage themes.

you may have to create a web in FP to do what your are trying for. To create a new web in FP go to file>New on the menu then click on Web. Hope this helps.

Bad_i_BILL
07-23-2004, 07:41 PM
When I go to EDIT a theme, can I select a theme I downloaded?
I did NOT see the ability to search my HD for themes.

THanks.

Scottie P
07-23-2004, 08:01 PM
Hi Bad i ! Welcome to VBA Express!

To find the Themes in FrontPage, look under the Format Menu - then go to Theme...
If you know where you put your downloaded themes, you can move them to the default Themes directory - if you can tell me what version of Windows you're using then I can tell you where to find the Themes folder.
In doing this, even your custom Theme will be visible when viewing themes via the Format menu.

Regards,

Scott

Edit Sorry, I meant what version of Windows.

Scottie P
07-23-2004, 08:16 PM
After re-thinking my last post, here are two routes.

I think you can try either one of these paths. I am running two versions of Office and have several Themes folders.
Not sure if Windows sets that up or if Office sets that up (it is probably Office but depending on what version of Windows you're running it does make a difference).

In any event, these are the common paths:

Either - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Themes

or - C:\Documents and Settings\[Your log in name]\Application Data\Microsoft\Themes

It should be one of these.

Scott

Anne Troy
07-23-2004, 09:35 PM
Methinks:

Create a web using a theme.
THEN you can edit the theme.