PDA

View Full Version : Pivot Refresh

ChrisAcheson
09-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Hi Guys.

I have a work book with 10 pages, four of which contain pivots.

I have tried RefreshAll command, and this does not work, seems to only refresh the first pivot.

Any ideas, what might be the issue?

werafa
09-13-2015, 03:56 PM
Do they refresh when you do this manually?

Also, are they all running off the same dataset? If so, can you change the source data so that they all work of the same memory table? (this will also free up memory). You can do this by copy/pasting a pivot instead of creating a new one, or by manually editing the source data. Once done, updating the source data once will automatically update everything.

snb
09-14-2015, 12:02 AM
1 important isssue is that the thread title doesn't reflect the content of your question. Please read the forum rules ! and adapt the thread title.

ChrisAcheson
09-14-2015, 11:29 PM
I cannot see an edit button to change the title to 'Pivot Refresh' :-( apologies. I will take the forum rules on board going forward.

Werafa, its different data per pivot.

mancubus
09-14-2015, 11:40 PM
you can edit a message in 5 hours only.

werafa
09-15-2015, 04:08 PM
K.

then what happens when you refresh the pivots manually? do they update when refreshed individually?
I have on occasion used a 'with each pivottable in workbook' approach to step through them individually.

and I have had instances where data formatting has broken the VBA creation of a pivot table.