PDA

View Full Version : Exam setting plan got :confused: need improvement

pipsmultan
09-21-2015, 12:47 AM
Respectable Greetings to all :)

i m working on a Exam setting plan for students in excel sheet. We have 10 class Room and every class room have 3 section. What i m trying to achive is a students sitting plan in Exam Hall or Exam Class rooms, were student from class 1 to class 10 sits randomly in a way were they have very very least visibility to see others paper of there classmates from back, front, left, right and from distances, Rough idea are shone below;

C1 C2 C3 C1 C2 C3
C4 C5 C6 C4 C5 C6
C7 C8 C9 C7 C8 C9
C10

C1 = Class One
C2 = Class Two
C3 = Class Three
C4 = Class 4th
and soon

i have posted this issue on the following forum and got help solution but what i m trying accomplish are not achieved :help

http://www.excelforum.com/excel-programming-vba-macros/1104786-exam-sitting-plan-got-confused.html

plz find the excel updated sheet

Current what i m trying to achieve is

1. The code don't pick the Student (Class/Roll #) from the given sheet like when i remove/reduce the number of students or class from sheet class One, Two, Three and soon, the cod still shows those remove class/students shows in "Exam sitting Plan".

2. what we are trying to generate is exams sitting arrangement according to the Students currently applied for exams. like if C1 has 12 students and C2 has 8 students and C3 have 5 students, then sitting arrangement should generate according to number of students currently enrolled.

3. Is it possible that class sitting arrangement plan design according to our need, like if we want to make sitting arrangement of C1, C5, C10 and C1 hav 8 Students, C5 have 6 students and C10 have 9 Students

e.g
C1= number of students enrolled are "8"
C5= number of students enrolled are "6"
C10= number of students enrolled are "9"

sitting arrangement trying to design according above mention class and students strength.

by summarizing my problem, the sitting arrangement should customize able according to needs

hope i m making understandable.

you kind hlp is highly appreciating http://www.excelforum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif thanks

High Regards

Paul_Hossler
09-21-2015, 05:55 AM
I think a made up example showing your end result will help people to understand better

SamT
09-21-2015, 07:33 AM
You say: You have ten ClassRooms
You show: Each ClassRoom has Ten SeatPositions
You say: Each Class has 6 to 12 Students
You say: You have ExamRoom.

The problem: Randomize Student Seat assignment among all possible SeatPositions in all possible Rooms to minimize cheating.

Programming requires Great knowledge of detail. Because of language difficulty please provide workbook with Grid lay out of desk arrangement of each classroom and exam room. See Attachment

pipsmultan
09-21-2015, 07:58 AM
Dear Paul_hossler@ thanks for reply. the end result is generated by mixing all the possible class room students. I want to accomplished the end result on the provided given class and their streng for e.g

1. I need to Excel to pick the Student (Class/Roll #) from the given sheets only and when i remove/reduce the number of students/class from sheets than it should shuffle the class/students according it and should show their end result in "Exam sitting Plan" sheet.

2. I want to generate exams sitting arrangement according to the entered Students who has currently applied for exams. like if C1 has 12 students and C2 has 8 students and C3 have 5 students, then sitting arrangement should generate according to number of students currently entered in the Sheets according to there respective classes.

3. Is it possible that class sitting arrangement plan design according to our need, like if we want to make sitting arrangement of C1, C5, C10 and C1 hav 8 Students, C5 have 6 students and C10 have 9 Students

e.g
C1= number of students enrolled are "8"
C5= number of students enrolled are "6"
C10= number of students enrolled are "9"

I hop you are understand in my objective and confusion which i m trying to achieve.

Your kind help in this problem will be highly appreciated

Best Regards

pipsmultan
09-21-2015, 08:09 AM
Dear SamT: thanks for great reply... you concern and input is highly appreciating :). i will provide the requested student Seat assignment among all possible SeatcPositions in all possible Rooms tomorrow morning after getting the whole required data... :)

Happy to See you :) :)

Best Regards