PDA

View Full Version : Running word addin from VBA

Homegrown
10-22-2015, 12:45 AM
addon name: MMtoDcos Ver 4.8

This creates letters and names them for all 'recipients' in a defined list. It's brilliant.

I would like to run this from access to produce documents I need in batches.

I don't expect an answer right away, but some advice on how I can do it myself would be great.

gmayor
10-22-2015, 03:55 AM
If that is the add-in from my web site, it is time you updated it to the latest version. The add-in is a Word add-in and contains no Access compatible code.

Homegrown
10-22-2015, 05:14 AM
If that is the add-in from my web site, it is time you updated it to the latest version. The add-in is a Word add-in and contains no Access compatible code.

No, it wasn't from there. Do you have a link to the latest version there? Ill take a look.

Its not a huge problem anyway. I have the ability to produce individual documents in word from access. Also have the ability to define a list and then open the word template for big lists.

It's not the end of the world if I have to set a few parameters each time. Was just curious if it was possible. Thanks anyway.

gmayor
10-22-2015, 06:32 AM
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

Homegrown
10-22-2015, 06:49 AM
I lied, it was from there. My bad.
That's really good also. Well done. Even your write up is amazing.

Homegrown
10-27-2015, 04:42 AM
Gmayor I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction,

Each file I make is named using what I call "Site Name" + document name
Each folder in a specific location is also called "Site Name".

Is it possible to save the files to the right folder? or would you suggest writing code to move them files.

Any tips appreciated.

gmayor
10-27-2015, 11:10 PM
The add-in will create missing folders, so if you want to add to folder called 'site name', include it in the path. Similarly you can add 'fixed text' before or after the filename field(s) from the panel top right on the userform.

This is all explained on the web page:banghead:

Homegrown
10-28-2015, 01:25 AM
Site name is a variable, I cant see that on your page, I have looked many times. You know how it names the document on a merge field, that's what I mean.

I can see how to define a single folder, but I want ALL docs to be put in separate ones depending on their name.

If this is something on your site could you tell me where?

Andy.