PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Autofill Form fields from external spreadsheet - Help please!

CatTx
10-22-2015, 01:51 AM
Hello everyone!

I am totally new to VBA code and I was wondering if some one more experienced could help me a bit on this one.

So, I am creating forms to automatically fill in my excel spreadsheet. I'm only using text boxes in the forms (and labels).

This is a sequential fill in process and the objective is for the user to only see the actual sheets of the excel file once he already passed through the process of filling in the forms.

However it would be great if I could import data from a different workbook and had it automatically fill in the fields in one of the forms.

To do this, I was wondering if I could, for example, create a command button that would open the external worksheet and copy the data the user would select into the form of the working excel and close the external data source spreadsheet.

Is this possible? Could you give me some tips?
Please, it would be great.

PS-MSOffice2010

Thank you!

Cat

gmayor
10-22-2015, 04:07 AM
Although aimed at Word, the process shown at http://www.gmayor.com/Userform_ComboBox.html to fill a userform list or combo box from Excel is applicable also to Excel. With an item selected in the list/combo box you can write the values from the worksheet as you require them.

CatTx
10-23-2015, 09:13 AM
Thank so much for your advise!

I ended up using an inputbox though.

Cmps,
Cat

SamT
10-23-2015, 03:35 PM
Is this thread solved? If so please use the "Thread Tools" to mark it "Solved."