PDA

View Full Version : Code for pasting Excel Tables to PowerPoint works with F8 but not when it is run with

sktneer
10-22-2015, 10:29 PM
I am experiencing a strange issue.

I am trying to paste the data from Excel Tables into PowerPoint (existing presentation) as an editable Excel Tables. The code needs to work with the versions 2013 and 2010.
I need to paste various Excel Tables into multiple PowerPoint Slides (25 slides).

The code given below works fine with Excel 2013 but not with 2010.

The issue is when I test the code with Excel 2010, it works fine when I debug the code with F8 and paste the Tables into PowerPoint Slides correctly but when I run the code at once the PowerPoint crashes and stops working.

Shapes.Paste method works fine with Excel 2013 but doesn't paste anything when the code is run in Excel 2010 so I used Application.CommandBars.ExecuteMso ("PasteSourceFormatting") instead and this produced the desired output during debug.

The code I am using is like this...

Set ppSlide = ppPres.slides(2)
ppSlide.Select

If Sheets("Data").Range("H" & Sheets("Data").Range("A40").CurrentRegion.Rows.Count + 39).Value = 0 Then
ppSlide.Shapes(2).TextFrame.TextRange.Text = "No relevant information is found."
Else
Set Rng = Sheets("Data").Range("A40").CurrentRegion
Rng.Copy
With ppSlide
If ppApp.Version = 14 Then
DoEvents
.Application.CommandBars.ExecuteMso ("PasteSourceFormatting")
Application.Wait Now + TimeValue("00:00:02")
Else
.Shapes.Paste
End If
.Shapes(3).Left = 45
.Shapes(3).Top = 150
End With
End If

Does anybody has an idea about how to deal with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cross posted at ExcelForum.

sktneer
10-24-2015, 11:37 AM
Anybody???