PDA

View Full Version : Help with macros/VBA and formulas - Generating a report & recurring task

Moisttouch
10-27-2015, 01:15 AM
I have a limited knowledge of excel, only what I have taught myself and I have been making a task management spreadsheet in Excel 2007. A lot of the spreadsheet is using a template which I have added to and modified to suit my purpose and a lot of googling though now I am stuck on 3 things because of my limited knowledge of formulas.

1. This issue I am having is generating a ‘report’ showing the completed tasks from a date range. I want to generate this report using a activeX button. I want to report to use predetermined date range and capture the information on all of the rows the dates appear on. Though I want to be able to change the date range so the report can be run at any time. I have looked around for macro/VBA coding examples but having trouble because most use one date or other things and I have limited experience with coding, only what I have taught myself.

Workbook references:
- Date From: 'Task_Manger K6'
- Date To: 'Task_Manger K8’
- The area I want to generate the report from is 'Task_Manger B38:P2200' and the dates are in column 'C' of that range
- Headings location: 'Task_Manger B37:P37'
- Report would generate onto ‘Report A3:E3’ downwards. ( I have created a spreadsheet for the report because that’s how I thought it would work. If that’s wrong happy to change it.

I have tried to make a macro to no avail and the information I am finding online isn't really helping either and I don’t know enough about VBA to do this myself.

2. Also I can’t get my head around the Recurring periods called 'Task Type' formula. I think it is located in 'Task Master Data Column H'. The periods I have used are located 'Data F4:F14'. The template already was using some periods but I need to add more and I have NO idea how to do it.

3. On sheet 'Data Y3:Y2200' the formula is doing weird things. I am not able to modify the formula to extend the range of cells. Even just clicking into the formula and pressing tab without altering anything it bugs out. Task Master Data cell range needs to be 4:54 but it won’t work it you change it from 4:23. When I do change the range in the formula it blanks everything out. I think the formula was incorrect from the original template but can’t work it out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and AMAZING!