PDA

View Full Version : Draw Line arrow to Scale VBE

adel
09-28-2005, 07:21 PM
:hi: Will I think I got the attachment done.
Thanks

Tommy
09-29-2005, 06:45 AM
Yea!!! I see you got the file attachment down :)

I see uniform, concentrated, and tapizoidal loads being applied to a simple beam. The beam appears to have pinned connections on each end. Can you tell me what you are wanting to do? That is to say what will control what you want drawn?

adel
09-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Will I am very happy to find someone that speaks the same technical language with me:rotlaugh: .

Now, as you know, the arrows are controlled by location, that is, say the beam length is 20ft as the user will specify that length. Then the user will subject this beam with loads (uniform, concentrated, and trapezoidal loads may be all these loads & may be just one type of load. I will provide textbox for each type of load).The location of these loads are defined from the right side of the beam say the right side is zero then the left side of the beam is 20ft located. Thus, the location of the loads are between 0-20ft which are defined by the user.
Finally, the major elements which control the arrows are the location then the orientation (for now downward & upward) of these arrows. :help

Tommy
09-29-2005, 12:26 PM
LOL, adel make no mistake, I am not an engineer. I am however a detailer converted to coder, so I may have a working knowledge.

Ok so users are entering information, during the input the drawing needs to show a beam, on this beam there will be loads applied at certain points which can be concentrated, etc. So the arrows will be draw pointing up and down depending on the load(s) type and location to be scaled on the beam, arrows (with text) represent the load at that location.

This will take me a few days to get something together for you. I will be looking at the forms information that Andy Pope posted in the other threads.

adel
09-29-2005, 12:55 PM
ok

Tommy
10-11-2005, 04:56 PM
adel success. I have been successful in drawing to the multipage!! :cloud9:
I used Andy Pope's sample. I just wanted you to know I was working on it : pray2:

It will take me some more time to figure out how to set up a scale to "draw in" and devise ways to do so accurately. :thumb

So, you are looking to draw a beam and show point loads on it, to scale right?

adel
10-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Yes I am looking to draw beam loads (uniform.point,trapezoidal).
see Tommy, in my example1.zip file, you can see I have started the line code but i could not get it to work
Thanks & Congratulation for your advancement. :clap:

Tommy
10-12-2005, 10:29 AM
That is the file I am working in (Example1.xls). I can set you up with a sub that draws a line and an arrow. You would need to supply the locations. The only thing is it would need to be drawn all at once, otherwise when it is pasted on the form everything will be overwritten.

adel
10-12-2005, 11:08 AM
yes Example1.xls, OK the location I will provide.
I did no understand drawn all at once & the overwritten issues. Maybe I will understand when i see this problem occuring on the userform.:whistle:

thanks

adel
11-17-2005, 01:55 PM
hi tommy:hi:
how are you? :cool: :whistle: :(
Thanks
adel

Tommy
12-14-2005, 08:17 AM
Hi Adel,
I have something for you it is very rough. It is more figuring out than anything else. I have the uniform load, arrows, lines, trapezoidal, and the "teepee" loads. A point load would be an arrow with a line that is there also :). The main thing to remember is you are drawing from the top left to the bottom right.

This is a direct change from the work Andy Pope did. The modifications are for drawing on a multitab on a form instead of drawing direct to the form.

Let me know if there is more I need to do adel :)

Umm almost forgot, to run double click the form, after you pick the button on the spread sheet

Later