PDA

View Full Version : Compiling data from selected excel files (with screenshots!)

UncleBob
11-02-2015, 03:39 AM
Hi there,
Now I've finally worked out screenshots I'll post this again...

I am absolutely rubbish at VBA and need some help please....
I have been asked to summarise a series of project files which all have the following format:
The data on these files always starts in A20.
The problem I have is that the start date in F3 is different for each project (as is the end date & number of weeks).

I have created a summary on a tab called “Project List” in the file “Projects” which is in the same folder:
I am only interested in the “Active” projects, Col F is not always the same as Col A and the path in cell G1 will of course change next year.
I want to collate the data into the tab “ProjectData”:
Cols A to E are inputted by the macro (Col A is the Project name not the file name), Cols F & G are calculated and Cols H onwards are inputted by the macro (there could be many columns between Cols H&J in this example).
Cell H1 has to be the minimum date in any of the files and will go right until it reaches the maximum date (I could cheat and have h1+7 copied across as far as the max date).
Once I have this data I can then create all the other reports required using pivots etc.

I at a total loss on how to do this so any help is greatly appreciated.

Man thanks

Paul