PDA

View Full Version : List to Labels

grumpygirl
11-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Hi all! I am still learning a lot about coding and VBA. I am working for a small business. I am looking to create a list of addresses based off of zipcode lookup. I am using the site melissadata.com/lookups/zipnumber.asp. Ideally what I will do with this list is create labels for snail mail post cards. IF anyone could help me out and point me in the right direction or whatever that would be great. I already have a code that will put my list into label format. I just need help in generating my list. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance! - gg

Leith Ross
11-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Hello grumpygirl,

You should go to the USPS website and investigate the tools there to help you with mailing. They may already have a turnkey solution you can use.

grumpygirl
11-12-2015, 02:01 PM
Leith,

That was actually my first stop to look for things but I couldn't find anything that I could use. Unless you know where it is and I perhaps missed it?

mikerickson
11-14-2015, 07:47 PM
I seem to recall that Word will automatically format for mailing labels and that Mail Merge works well with their templates.

grumpygirl
11-16-2015, 10:38 AM
Templates from where? USPS ? ?? ? do you have a link to where I can find the templates?

alansidman
11-16-2015, 11:02 AM
Look in Word at the MailMerge Wizard. I believe that is what Mike was referring to. If you have a table with your data in Access or excel, word can link directly to this and use the data to create labels.

https://support.office.com/en-in/article/Use-mail-merge-to-create-and-print-letters-and-other-documents-f488ed5b-b849-4c11-9cff-932c49474705
Alan

grumpygirl
11-16-2015, 11:17 AM
I thought he was referring to making a list. I know how to make labels once I have a data list. My issue is pulling the data from a website to make the list