PDA

View Full Version : Table in powerpoint disappears when additional codes are added

pearleh
11-13-2015, 03:15 PM
This is how my code looks like: (It's incomplete because I'm still in the process of writing it)

Sub CreateNewPresentation()

Dim ppApp As PowerPoint.Application
Dim ppPres As PowerPoint.Presentation
Dim ppSlide As PowerPoint.Slide
Dim ppTextbox As PowerPoint.Shape

Set ppApp = New PowerPoint.Application 'starts running powerpoint as background task

ppApp.Visible = msoTrue 'bring it to the front
ppApp.Activate 'don't get the presentation slides yet, just launching the app

Set ppPres = ppApp.Presentations.Add

Set ppSlide = ppPres.Slides.Add(1, ppLayoutTitle)

ppSlide.Shapes(1).TextFrame.TextRange = "First Quarter Report"
ppSlide.Shapes(2).TextFrame.TextRange = "Yardbarker"

Set ppSlide = ppPres.Slides.Add(2, ppLayoutBlank)
ppSlide.Select

'Range("B2").CurrentRegion.Copy

ThisWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("B2").CurrentRegion.Copy

ppSlide.Shapes.Paste.Select
ppSlide.Shapes(1).Width = ppPres.PageSetup.SlideWidth
ppSlide.Shapes(1).Left = 0

ppSlide.Shapes(1).Top = (ppPres.PageSetup.SlideHeight / 2) - (ppSlide.Shapes(1).Height / 2)

'add custom text box to the slides
Set ppTextbox = ppSlide.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHorizontal, 0, 20, ppPres.PageSetup.SlideWidth, 60)

End Sub

However, when I run it, I face a few problems with the code that I just can't properly debug.

My editor doesn't recognise PasteSpecial as a function and I am unable to paste my excel table as an OLEobject.
The table that I paste as an object disappears in powerpoint when I add additional codes to it:

ppSlide.Shapes(1).Width = ppPres.PageSetup.SlideWidth
ppSlide.Shapes(1).Left = 0

ppSlide.Shapes(1).Top = (ppPres.PageSetup.SlideHeight / 2) - (ppSlide.Shapes(1).Height / 2)

My code for custom text box doesn't work, even though it worked in the online tutorial I was following. The error message I got was: Runtime error 5. Invalid procedure call or argument.

I'm very new to vba coding and coding in general, to be honest. Would really appreciate if somebody could help me out. I'm using Office for Mac 2011.