PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] VBA to Open Embedded Powerpoint Object in Normal Mode

MacroWizard
11-26-2015, 02:28 PM
Haven't found any useful information on the internet about this. I embedded a pptx file within a word document. I use some vba to open the ole object; however, the powerpoint is displaying in show mode, and I need it to open in normal mode. Is there a way to control this either through the code or the embedded object?

Sub OpenPPT()
'This sends directly to powerpoint
'
Dim oCC As Shape
For Each oCC In ActiveDocument.Shapes
If oCC.Title = "pptDisaster" Then
oCC.TextFrame.TextRange.InlineShapes(1).OLEFormat.Edit
Else
' Do Nothing
End If
Next
End Sub

Also, the OLE object, when I hit Alt+F9, I get a tag that says Powerpoint.Show.12. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

What do you guys think?

MacroWizard
11-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Guys,

I am pleased to say that after scouring the internet, I didn't find even a lead to a solution for this. Instead, I got to have fun experimenting with VBA. I went over commandbars, trying to change the view of the ppt after it was opened; however, the executemso failed each time. THEN I got to thinking. There is a right click action that will allow you to open an OLE Powerpoint Object in normal/edit mode. I recorded a macro of that action and BANG! SOLUTION!

Below is the final code for those wondering. Hopefully this will help some of the other seekers out there:

Sub OpenPPT()
'This opens powerpoint in edit mode
'
Dim oCC As Shape
For Each oCC In ActiveDocument.Shapes
If oCC.Title = "pptDisaster" Then
oCC.TextFrame.TextRange.InlineShapes(1).OLEFormat.DoVerb VerbIndex:=1
Else
' Do Nothing
End If
Next oCC
End Sub