PDA

View Full Version : SOLVED: Unable to access Zoom box shortcut

eed
07-22-2004, 12:55 PM
I have a database being used by about 11 group members over our network. On several forms, we have textboxes which need to capture very looong passages of information, but I didn't want to waste space with a huge textbox, so I inserted a smaller control and put a note urging users to zoom in if necessary by clicking in the box and pressing Shift+F2 to access the Zoom Box.

This works great, but for some reason, one user's computer refuses to open the Zoom Box. You can press Shift+F2 all day long, and nothing happens. It works fine on at least the four other machines which I spot-checked.

Does anyone know some way in which this shortcut key might get disabled in someone's Access load? And if so, how would I go about re-enabling this shorcut key? As always, any and all thoughts are deeply appreciated. Thanks!!!

ALaRiva
07-22-2004, 01:06 PM
I can't think of any setting offhand that would prevent it, but I do have a suggestion that might make things a little easier on the user and could possible get around the issue with this particular user's computer.

Try putting this in the double click Event of whatever fields you want to zoom:

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdZoomBox

This way all they have to do is Double Click to get the Zoom Box. It's a little easier to do than SHIFT+F2. You may even prefer it in another event, it's up to you.

HTH, Thanks.

eed
07-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Well, I still can't imagine why the Shift+F2 didn't work, but your double-click command seems to work like a charm!! And you're right, it's much easier. I don't think I had previously realized that there was a RunCommand constant assigned to the Zoom Box, or I would have been using that for ages. So much more intuitive to the user than a shortcut key. I'm going to go crazy and implement it all over the place.

Thanks so much!!!!

ALaRiva
07-22-2004, 02:12 PM
You're Welcome . . . :)