PDA

View Full Version : Alternative for large data reporting

tcambridge
12-03-2015, 11:35 AM
I have to do a financial report from a large Excel data file with roughly 300K lines x 60 columns. My Excel keeps crashing or running extremely slow especially when running Pivot charts with Slicers. Is there another way to resolve this large data issue beside MS Access. I can't wait for multiple layers approval to purchase the MS Access licenses.

SamT
12-03-2015, 03:53 PM
We would have to see a sample of the file with just enough Rows to see what variations there are in values. Please obfuscate any personal or proprietary information. Also give us a sample of what the output file should look like, with notes as to where the data came from in the other sample.

To upload or Attach files to your posts, use the "Go Advanced" button and below the Editor, you will see a "Manage Attachments": button which lets you browse for and elect files to attach.

You will need to make, IIRC, at least 5 posts before you can upload files. Start by giving us some more details about your data files and the desired outputs.

Paul_Hossler
12-04-2015, 07:55 AM
I have to do a financial report from a large Excel data file with roughly 300K lines x 60 columns. My Excel keeps crashing or running extremely slow especially when running Pivot charts with Slicers. Is there another way to resolve this large data issue beside MS Access. I can't wait for multiple layers approval to purchase the MS Access licenses.

Making the PT?

Refreshing the PT or Chart?

Something else?