PDA

View Full Version : Cant use match to find cell (date) i have just copied!?

JKB
12-04-2015, 06:34 AM
Hi guys!
First of all i would like to say, i first searched on google "Match can't find date" and it came up with some very different results than what i was looking for.

That being said, does anybody know what could be wrong, if i have a series of dates, i copy a specific date as value into an empty cell. Then i search for the pasted value in "Find", which as far as i know is the same the match function does, but i cant find it??? In short, i have just copied a cell, then i search for it, and it cant find any other identical value... Have anybody tried this? How did you solve it?

Cheers!!!

GarysStudent
12-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Post your formula, the MATCH() worksheet function should be able to find it:

Paul_Hossler
12-04-2015, 07:51 AM
if you're doing that with a macro, can you post the code or a small sample WB also?

p45cal
12-04-2015, 11:51 AM
in "Find", which as far as i know is the same the matchNope, the worksheet function Find looks for a string within another string, Match (or vlookup, hlookup, lookup) is probably what you need to use.

JKB
12-05-2015, 03:31 AM
Nope, the worksheet function Find looks for a string within another string, Match (or vlookup, hlookup, lookup) is probably what you need to use.

I didn't mean the function "find" what i meant was pressing ctrl + f, i.e. search :)

Im not doing it using a macro :) On monday i will be able to access the file again, then i will post it. Perhaps it might also be a good exercise to transfer the dates into another work book, and se whether i still have the same problem!

I dont have the file on this computer, but it's a simple match formula, just as the one you have entered above, however my date is with minutes i.e. 17/4/2015 09:02:00