PDA

View Full Version : Edit Predecessors in Ms Project

didless
12-08-2015, 08:21 AM
Good afternoon,
I am a bit of a newbie to Project, and I have some experience of VBA in Excel, but never used it in Project.
Basically I want a VBA code to edit the predecessor values for selected rows in a project.
I have a project file that incorporates a number of sub projects at the moment, but these all need to be consolidated into one large project with no back links to existing files for the purposes of what we are using it for.
So a simple copy/paste of the text data gets me into a new project, but obviously the predecessors are all over the place. Eg, task 10 in subproject 2 references task 9 from subproject 2, which is now actually task 70 etc...
So my idea is to run a macro where I can edit all of the predecessors for a specific subproject in one hit. For example a 'NewValue = Current Value + x" where x is the number of rows preceeding the start of each subproject, to get the new overall project task number for each.
Is this an impossible dream?
Please let me know what you think.
Many thanks,
Dave

didless
12-08-2015, 08:44 AM
OK...Scratch this whole thread! I've figured out how to unlink the existing subprojects to accomplish the required end result!
Many thanks!
Dave