PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper: Tagging a Cell

MWE
09-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Is there any cell/range property that could be used for an application-specific True/False tag or label. I do not want to use cell's value and would prefer to not use the cell's "comment".

mvidas
09-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Hi MWE,

You could use the cell's .Locked property, which wouldn't come into play unless the worksheet was unprotected. The next best would be the cells .ID property, which is a string you can set to that wouldnt matter unless you're saving the sheet as a webpage

Other ideas include the alignment (right/none), the .wraptext (if you're sure it wouldnt ever wrap), and the .shrinktofit (again, if it wouldnt ever do it).

by the way, enjoy the weekend, as im sure you've heard we're supposed to reach the 70's tomorrow :)

Matt

MWE
09-30-2005, 11:13 AM
Hi MWE,

You could use the cell's .Locked property, which wouldn't come into play unless the worksheet was unprotected. The next best would be the cells .ID property, which is a string you can set to that wouldnt matter unless you're saving the sheet as a webpage

Other ideas include the alignment (right/none), the .wraptext (if you're sure it wouldnt ever wrap), and the .shrinktofit (again, if it wouldnt ever do it).

by the way, enjoy the weekend, as im sure you've heard we're supposed to reach the 70's tomorrow :)

Matt
thanks for the reply. I think the best approach is the .ID property; the rest could be in use. The ID property was the one I was thinking about, so I guess great minds in WNY think alike. :devil:

MWE
09-30-2005, 11:14 AM
Is there a way to declare a user defined type within a procedure? VBA Help says no, but I could swear I have seen this done.

Thanks