PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Suppress errors / or / Regain a lost template reference

MacroWizard
12-13-2015, 02:12 PM
Hello everyone!

I have a problem that may require some creativity. I have a template that is used to create documents. When a docx is created from the template, it is typically sent over email to a number of reviewers. The problem is that it is typically sent without the template and a macro error pops up whenever a reviewer opens the docx. I do not want the users to think something is broken, plus errors never look professional.

My question is: Is there a way to suppress these errors within the docx? Macro not found, etc...

Several solutions come to mind, but suppressing the errors so that they don't show up would be the optimal answer.

Best Solution other than the one listed:
1) Send the template with the docx. Have the docx check to see if the template is in the same path location (probably the users desktop), if it is, then set the reference to the template. I am not sure how to go about doing this.

Other solutions (The users would rather not have one of these if possible done):
2) Have both the docx and template on a shared drive (or just the template). The file path will always be the same, so the reference should remain intact, and the errors wont' show up.
3) Use sharepoint to accomplish the task listed in #2. Do references work well with sharepoint?

What are your thoughts? Can we suppress the errors or recreate the reference to a template in the same directory? Do we have to go with a central location for the template?

Let me know and thank you for your creativity and kindness in advance.