PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2010 acting strangely

Exfso
12-15-2015, 08:01 AM
I have Outlook 2010 installed on my Windows 7 pro 64 bit computer. I regularly send emails to myself with interesting links so that I can add them to my inbox folders applicable to the appropriate links. Recently I have noticed that if I address an email to myself, and send, it goes straight to the outbox and disappears. Normally it would show up in my inbox pretty well straight away. Now it disappears for over 2 hrs before it decides to show up. My sent box shows that the email has been sent. When it eventually does arrive in all cases the time from being sent to received in my inbox is around 2 hrs. This is happening on my laptop which also has Outlook 2010 installed on Windows 7 pro 64bit. I checked with my ISP and they remotely connected to my computer and after 2 hrs gave up in utter frustration saying it has to be a problem with Microsoft. As far as I am aware I am receiving all emails not originated by myself in a timely manner.
I tried to see if the problem happened when I sent an email to myself via Thunderbird and it arrived back pretty well instantly, which is what I would expect. Using my ipad mail works perfectly as well, so as far as I can tell the problem is not with my ISP. I actually have 2 email addresses with my ISP and this happens on both addresses. I decided as a last ditch effort to completely re-install Office 2010, but this made no difference at all.
If I go through my account settings and do the test setting, the generated outlook email comes straight back to me which is what should happen if the settings are correct.
Any help on this one would be most appreciated.: pray2:

Exfso
12-17-2015, 06:33 AM
Just to add some more information it appears as though there is program called IronPort which I believe is some sort of spam filter by Cisco that appears to be holding on to the messages. The email header of these delayed messages sort of indicates this. I assume that this is associated with my ISP, if so why is it only holding up messages self addressed that are originated by Outlook and not Thunderbird or my IPhone. ??