PDA

View Full Version : Can macro simulate data?

alexazh
12-23-2015, 08:18 PM
Hi
I am very new to excel macro and my basic programming knowledge is extremely weak.But I have a project that required to regenerate random stochastic data.Then these data is needed to record down for the purpose of analytical reason by terminating transient stage to avoid using initial bias.
Does excel macro works these requirements?I am really appreciated a need from someone.And merry Christmas to all

alansidman
12-23-2015, 09:31 PM
I am sure that a macro code could be developed, but it will be necessary for you to be specific in your needs and the layout of your spreadsheet.

alexazh
12-23-2015, 11:09 PM
Hi Alansidman
Could you pls teach me how to record down my input data into row by row without overwriting? I have my hard time to use the application of "use relative reference". This is because I would like to save all input data into row by row.But my original row of data is gone after I add in second row of data by using "relative reference method" that I have learnt from youtube.

SamT
12-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Thread moved from Resources Forum.

alansidman
12-30-2015, 05:44 PM
What does your current code look like. Post it here. Then explain what it is not doing that you wish to happen.

Bob Phillips
12-31-2015, 05:15 AM
This code snippet will populate E5:H10 with a set of values between 10 and 100, easily amended

With Range("E5:H10")

.Formula = RandBetween(10, 100)
.Value = .Value
End With