PDA

View Full Version : Suddenly Can't find project or library on something that has been working for weeks

nasomi
01-07-2016, 07:20 AM
I'm working in excel 2013 and a few weeks ago wrote a bunch of scripts for a new workbook. It has buttons for filters and to flip between pages, onDoubleClick for sorting, etc. Working wonderfully, looks great, and very fast.

Yesterday I opened the template and went to click the button to load in some new data. It came up with "Can't find project or library". After a bit of messing around, I finally found that if I simply hit alt+F11 to open the vba editor, all macro's and buttons work. Since the underlying navigation relies on scripts, this is quite inconvenient. I've tried it on multiple computers and get the same result. Macro security is off, everything is trusted, and I'm still getting this issue.

Please tell me someone has encountered this and found a way around it.

Paul_Hossler
01-07-2016, 07:54 AM
In the VBE, go to Tools, References and see if anything is marked #MISSING

There might have been an update and a file name changed

nasomi
01-07-2016, 08:13 AM
Nothing missing. And it all runs fine once I open the vba editor, which is what really confuses me.

GTO
01-08-2016, 06:32 AM
You may wish to remove any sensitive data and upload the workbook.

nasomi
01-11-2016, 07:56 AM
So I wiped the data, and now when I open it the buttons work off the bat. Even when I reload the data it works now. I can't imagine what was causing it, and wasted half a day trying to figure it out.

sorry for hte trouble.

nasomi
01-11-2016, 08:03 AM
So I wiped the data, and now when I open it the buttons work off the bat. Even when I reload the data it works now. I can't imagine what was causing it, and wasted half a day trying to figure it out.

sorry for hte trouble.