PDA

View Full Version : Excel userform to search find and return data

iamkenny
01-17-2016, 11:24 PM
Hi all,

I am looking to create a user form that searches data on all worksheets in a workbook and return the matching data on the first sheet. The worksheet will have 8 columns (ex: number, name, address, details, status, date joined, date finish and notes) and the workbook will have 12 worksheets( jan, feb, march till dec). I would like to search by either name or number using userform and all the multiple entries should be displayed on the excel sheet. Also I would like to add a button to clear the current information, so the excel sheet will have no previous result.

As i'm new to VBA and cant find any specific example that I can re-use to create a user form, I would really appreciate any help from VBA express family.

Thanks

SamT
01-18-2016, 03:31 AM
As i'm new to VBA and cant find any specific example that I can re-use to create a user form, I would really appreciate any help from VBA express family.
In VBA make sure the Project Explorer is visible by using the View Menu.
In the Project Explorer, Right Click on ThisWorkbook and Select Insert >> UserForm.

From the Controls Toolbox that floats next to the UserForm, drag a ListBox, to list the possible names, and three command Buttons to "Clear" the sheet, "Get the Data," and "Done."

Make sure the Properties Widow is open so you can learn what the control Properties are. You can select a Property in that window and press F1 to see the help for that Property.