PDA

View Full Version : Field Names Change Causing VBA not to Recognize Name

mistera
01-18-2016, 01:52 PM
I have a situation that I cannot recreate on my own PC, maybe because I am the author. However, I have several users of a form I created having an issue. We are all using Word 2013. The document is securely stored in an application where the users can only download the form to their PCs to use it. I've attached a copy of the document. The password to stop protection is "itpmo".

The document has named fields in it that are used in the code. I've confirmed that people are enabling the macro upon opening the document. However, the Document_Open sub does not work and neither do any of the others. I am able to see that the field names on the form seem to have changed for these people. In the Open sub, I'm setting up values in drop-down lists. I know the macro isn't running for these people because these lists are not getting populated. I can also see that it appears that all of the field names for the people with the issue have appended a "1" to the end of them. Therefore, the code does not work because it can't find that named field. I don't know how the field names have changed. As stated above, I don't have this issue.

Another issue people have reported (and even I'm having this issue) is that after saving the document, they can no longer edit the description field. For me to edit it, I have to unprotect the document.

HELP! I just can't figure out what's wrong.