PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Custom Button Maker

Philcjr
10-04-2005, 07:37 AM
To All VB'ers,:hi:

So many times I have come to this board for help and without fail, someone has come to my rescue. I am hoping that someone will enjoy my recent web find and this will be able to give something back to this board (although small).

I am always looking to create or enhance a userform to impress or to just give it that special edge. While looking on the web for "buttons" to use on my userform I came across this link... http://www.crystalbutton.com/. This is a free download to create your own buttons... I think this is very cool.

Enjoy, would like to hear other comments on this.

ps. If this post should be posted in another area, please feel free to move it. Oh ya, Maybe we could create another area/forum for "Interesting Web Finds"

Phil

Philcjr
10-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Those dirty rats, I went to save the new button I created and now I have to pay to have the save feature enabled... GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr I think I will splurge for the $29.99 as I think this will come in handy in the future.

What a tease :doh:

Zack Barresse
10-04-2005, 09:25 AM
Hiya Phil!

Um, why don't you just right click and save them, then insert them as an image in your userform? They'd have to be some fan-freaking-tastic buttons for me to shell out $30! But, I don't have it, and it may be worth it. If you do end up getting it, make sure and give us a good evaluation of it. Who knows, others may follow in your tracks. ;)

Philcjr
10-04-2005, 11:52 AM
My review...

Is it worth the $30...??? Yes and No. I would have expected more "Templates" to use in creating buttons.

However, there are MANY pluses...
You can save your button as *.ico, *.bmp, *.gif, *.jpg, *.png and so on
You can say high to low quality
You can create MANY MANY different effects - light angles, light colors, light brightness, two-tone lighting, colors, borders, shadows, shapes, fonts and so on...
You can create tabs, Navbars, Bottons, MouseOvers(Not to sure what this is yet)

I would rate this a good tool to have if you do many user-forms for other people or use multi-pages

All-in-all, I would say this product is worth $20 at best. I am happy I splurged for it because now I can create whatever I want and dont have to search the web for buttons.

Attached is a sample of what you can do... I hope this can help someone out there.

Phil

Look forward to people comments