PDA

View Full Version : Open a file from browse window and perform VLOOKUP

pominoz
01-24-2016, 08:18 PM
Hi all,

I am very inexperienced with VBA, I usually manage to just use macros to achieve most of what I need.

If anyone in this group is able to help I would be most grateful.

Presently I have a weekly report that contains about 30 columns and about 3000 rows of data, I need to be able to validate one weeks data against the previous weeks data and then perform a couple of actions. I will try to break it down;

Receive and save this weeks data file (I have attached a file called 'this weeks data' and 'last weeks data' just for example
Run macro

Open a windows browser window
Select location of 'last weeks data' file - this file will be password protected, so may need to allow for password to be entered
use VLOOKUP function to find 'ID' in 'this weeks data' that was included in 'last weeks data'

For rows that exist in last weeks data, remove from this weeks data, create new worksheet 'already submitted' and paste the rows
Remove any blank rows from 'this weeks data' left after VLOOKUP

Save 'this weeks data' as 'Filename_Amended_Date"
End

If I have not explained this very well please let me know, I am hoping that this is relatively easy to do and if I see the VBA for this I am confident I can work out how to edit/amend if I need to

Thanks in advance for any help on this :help