PDA

View Full Version : Establishing comm link with Eicon Aviva from Excel VBA

T1A1
01-27-2016, 06:45 PM
Establishing comm link with Eicon Aviva from Excel VBA

Hi.

I am developing an application which needs to access an Eicon Aviva interface to draw information from a mainframe environment.

Ordinarily, this would pose few challenges as I could establish the link with the following code.

Dim MySession As CAvivaSession32D2
Dim MyAppWin As AppWin
Set MySession = GetObject("c:\Filepath\Session A.a3d")
Set MyAppWin = MySession.AppWin

MySession.Activate

However, the Aviva session is running under a single sign-on security setup (Novell SecureLogin) and so the actual filepath has a suffix after the executable

"C:\Program Files\Novell\SecureLogin\tlaunch.exe" /auto /e"Eicon Aviva Session A" /hB /m /pDHS-TN3270 /q /s"

and I have been unable to find a way to make VBA read and action this accordingly (produces a syntax error at compilation).

Would appreciate some advice from someone who may have encountered similar and has found an appropriate resolution.

Thanks in advance

T1A1

SamT
01-28-2016, 07:15 AM
"C:\Program Files\Novell\SecureLogin\tlaunch.exe" /auto /e"Eicon Aviva Session A" /hB /m /pDHS-TN3270 /q /s"
That's not a fie path, it is a shell command.

snb
01-28-2016, 08:02 AM
Probably:

shell "C:\Program Files\Novell\SecureLogin\tlaunch.exe /auto /e""Eicon Aviva Session A"" /hB /m /pDHS-TN3270 /q /s"

T1A1
01-28-2016, 02:36 PM
Apologies for the incorrect terminology. It is a shell command, not a file path. That shell command is the only mechanism to access the program within the network's security parameters as the organic filepath is locked down.

SamT
01-28-2016, 04:31 PM
I am sorry, it is impossible from me to read your code on your monitor from my desk.