PDA

View Full Version : Problem to edit macro - macro missing

Leifont
02-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm having the following problem. I have 2 PCs, one for develop macros (dev-pc) and another for testing/running (tst-pc) those macros; .docm files are stored in a network share, so I'm using the same file for sure. Why I'm doing this? Because I use mainly the AutoNew() sub. The difference between both Offices is in Trust Center > Macro Settings > Disable Macros with notifications vs Enable all macros

A couple days ago, my dev-pc stopped showing my macros when pressing ALT+F11 for VBA Editor, not even the module tree is shown.

Going to Macro menu in ribbon I can see the AutoNew macro but when pressing Edit I get the "Sub or Function not defined" message. I didn't find a solution Googling on this message.

I've just setup a new computer with w7 and Office 2010 (like dev-pc and tst-pc) and it works! So the problem is in dev-pc. I tried to repair Office and still the same. Reinstalling Office didn't work either.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for my English also in advance. :)

JackMoorhead
06-18-2016, 08:46 PM
Just a quick question. Did you save the files as .xlsm files or .xlsx files. The .xlsx will not show any macros because they are simple Excel files. The .xlsm are Macro Enabled Files.

Leifont
06-21-2016, 10:18 AM
Just a quick question. Did you save the files as .xlsm files or .xlsx files. The .xlsx will not show any macros because they are simple Excel files. The .xlsm are Macro Enabled Files.

Thanks for helping!
Yes, I did save the file as .xlsm.
As I said, the issue is something about configuration in dev-pc but I couldn't figure out what.