PDA

View Full Version : VBA assistance

richard.brun
03-10-2016, 04:19 AM
So basically I have trawled a million groups trying to find an answer to my problem but couldn't and so was wonderin if anyone here could assist.

I have 2 spreadsheets called "source" and "input".

"Source" contains rows of data, each one has a unique identifier.

You can input this identifier in to "Input" and it reads "Source" using traditional Index Match codes based on this.

What I want to be able to do is to type a note in to a set box in "Input", reference A1, and then press a VBA button in "Input" that works in reverse by searching "Source" for the unique identifier and then inputting the notes in to a corresponding column, the unique identifier is in column A the Notes are in column H.

I'd like the code to then clear the notes cell.
Can you help?

Bob Phillips
03-10-2016, 04:26 AM
I don't see that as reverse, it is the same as now, just getting notes, so INDEX/MATCH should suffice, or even VLOOKUP.

richard.brun
03-10-2016, 04:37 AM
Hello,

It isn't the same , let me explain sorry.

The notes typed in to 'A1' in to "Input" are all in to just one cell 'A1' and will vary based on which Unique Identifier you have typed in. Therefore an index match won't work. I need a VBA button that takes those notes, searches for the unique identifier in "Source" and places the notes in the relevant column, "H" and then clears cell A1 in "Input".

Hope this helps further explain

Paul_Hossler
03-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Hope this helps further explain

Maybe a small example with the before and after clearly shown, along with enough data to demonstrate

SamT
03-10-2016, 04:22 PM
The notes typed in to 'A1' in to "Input" are all in to just one cell 'A1' and will vary based on which Unique Identifier you have typed in.

???