PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Colors in the Excel Formula Bar Drive Me Crazy!

Cyberdude
10-07-2005, 11:45 AM
When I put my cursor on an Excel worksheet cell containing a formula, then that formula nicely appears in the formula bar. Now when I put my cursor on the formula in the formula bar to edit it, Excel adds colors to different parts of the formula. Regretably those colors are almost all dark (dark blue, dark green,etc.), and I have great difficulty doing my editing.
Question: Can I disable the coloring or change the colors used? :motz2:

Desert Piranha
10-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi Cyberdude,
I just put a tick ' in front of the = sign, edit the formula, then take out the tick.

When I put my cursor on an Excel worksheet cell containing a formula, then that formula nicely appears in the formula bar. Now when I put my cursor on the formula in the formula bar to edit it, Excel adds colors to different parts of the formula. Regretably those colors are almost all dark (dark blue, dark green,etc.), and I have great difficulty doing my editing.
Question: Can I disable the coloring or change the colors used? :motz2:

Cyberdude
10-08-2005, 10:34 AM
Hi, Piranha! Thanx for the reply. Your solution to my problem isn't what I was hoping for, BUT it works! I will be using your solution to advantage in the future. I DO appreciate the response.

Desert Piranha
10-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi, Piranha! Thanx for the reply. Your solution to my problem isn't what I was hoping for, BUT it works! I will be using your solution to advantage in the future. I DO appreciate the response.Hi Cyberdude,
Yeah, it's pretty simple, i'm sure someone else will have a better solution. But as you say "it works". I'm happy to help you.