PDA

View Full Version : Form 2.0 Frame

MikeSchulz
03-11-2016, 04:19 PM
I have embeded a Microsoft Form 2.0 Frame onto an Excel Sheet. In that control, I have created command buttons, textboxes, check boxes, and labels.

I have written code for the controls. As I developed the code, I would run the code and test the controls. I reached a point when everything appeared to work.

Here's the strange thing:
Each time the Workbook is opened, the form behaves as if it is a drawing shape and none of the controls respond to clicks or keyboard commands.

However, if I enter the Design Mode and then exit the Design Mode, the Frame and the controls operate as intended. The textboxes accept focus, the buttons are clickable, etc. The click events trigger the correct routines.

My best guess is that when the workbook is loading, the frame Enable property is being set to False.
I have tried adding code to set the Enable property—if the code is run right after the workbook is loaded, it has no effect on the frame. If I enter and exit the Design Mode, the code will affect the frame properties.

Anyone know what I need to do?

Paul_Hossler
03-12-2016, 08:11 AM
Anyone know what I need to do?

Posting enough of the troublesome workbook that demonstrates the problem would be helpful