PDA

View Full Version : Mapping of cells to other cells on other sheets based on certain condition

pumelayurika
03-16-2016, 01:47 PM
Hi guys,

I need help on creating a self-plotting spreadsheet that can also populate a number of days per month on its own depending on the year-month combination.
Example: if it is March 2016, there are 31 days according to the standard calendar
“Plotting of Shift” - Tab (see pic)
“Shift Summary” - Tab (see pic)
Below is a sample of the plotting of the names and their respective shifts: (I am aware of the Vlook up though… but the days of the month will be compromised if I used that, I need to re enter manually if I will use v-lookup)

(above: “Plotting of Shift” – Tab, Below: “Shift Summary” – Tab)
Here are the sample files:
Thanks and Regards,
pum

mansky
04-28-2016, 07:55 AM
Hi pum,

In case you haven't already resolved your question, a couple of questions first:

a) How familiar with coding in general are you ? Are you comfortable in the command line and Perl in particular ?

The reason I ask is there are several ways to do what you want, the easier one in general is to use Perl to re-order the data
and send it back to Excel for final processing/display by VB.

b) Are you creating by hand each month in one spreadsheet tab, with the appropriate number of days already filled in as separate columns ?

And you want the re-ordered data on a new tab in the same spreadsheet ?

Thanks,

--Ed