PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How DO I remove the FALSE return from this formula to leave an empty cell.

LutonBarry
03-17-2016, 07:17 AM
Folks I have the attached spreadsheet and where it returns FALSE in Col D I would like it to return an empty cell.
I'm in brain fade mode, the formula =IFERROR(A2="Resolved",IF(OR(ISBLANK(B2),ISBLANK(C2)),"Not Complete","")) does what I want it to i.e. If the Ticket Status in Col A is Resolved and Cols B and C are not blank it returns an empty cell, but it either Cols B or C are are Blank it returns 'Not Complete'. It's the False statement for cells in Column A that are not labelled as 'Resolved'.

Leith Ross
03-17-2016, 02:06 PM
Hello LutonBarry,

There is nothing in your data to generate an Error like #N/A, #NAME?, etc. So using the IFERROR statement will not yield the desired results.

Change your formula to:

=IF(A2="Resolved",IF(OR(ISBLANK(B2),ISBLANK(C2)),"Not Complete",""),"")

LutonBarry
03-17-2016, 02:18 PM
Leith I knew I was having a brain fade day. I came up with the same answer as you eventually. Simple process of clicking each each facet of the formula in the formula bar, by dong that I realised I hadn't entered a value for when the 'value if false' element.
But thanks anyway for your time and trouble.

Leith Ross
03-17-2016, 02:32 PM
Hello LutonBarry,

You're welcome. Have a Happy St. Patrick's Day. Cheers! Or as the Scots say, Sláinte mhath!