PDA

View Full Version : Page Size Setup

Macroman99
03-27-2016, 10:56 PM
I am in the process of re-creating a scanned book. The scan process with OTR obviously has left errors and it is these errors for which I am recreating the PDF from word doc. To get the same page layout of text so that the pages appear relatively similar to the original scan of the book (size = 6.31 x 9.44); also so the page numbers are the same as the original scan. To accomplish this I have chosen C5 Envelope (6.38 x 9.02) as the page size to which I paste the text clipped from the original scanned PDF.
I have a word doc I use to paste into (TransitionOrigPDF2PDF-Remake.docx)fix the errors, make sure all is what it should be, clip from there, paste to a doc (PDF-Remake.docx). I will eventually use to export to PDF and replace the original.
My problem is when I re-open "TransitionOrigPDF2PDF-Remake" I lose the C5 size, it does not show in the ribbon drop down as a size I can select to get page size similar to original scan.
The process I go through to fix errors and edit the text so it fits well on the C5 size is as follows:

Clip from original PDF
Set page size to C5 and text style to "Rem_11_TimesNew-NoSpacing" in "TransitionOrigPDF2PDF-Remake"
Paste the text that was clipped from original PDF
Fix errors
Change page size to 11x17 landscape so I can correct hard returns, spacing, and generally set it to read as it should
Change page orientation back to portrait to be sure there are no hard returns where there should not be
Change page size back to C5
Clip all text and images from this "TransitionOrigPDF2PDF-Remake" and paste to "PDF-Remake.docx"
When this has all been completed i.e., all text/images from original has been processed then I can recreate the PDF as if it was scanned thus from the book without all the mistakes and lack of true editing.

Attached document shows what I experience within word. Of the 500 plus pages in the original PDF I have recreated 300 plus pages and until last week when I decided to create a check PDF I had no such problems until I exported to PDF, then my printer default changed. My printer default had the correct C5 size enabled and every day prior to creating this check PDF when I would open "TransitionOrigPDF2FPDF-Remake" the C5 showed up in the ribbon drop down list. Now I cannot seem to get this to show in the list even though I have made my regular printer as default and the C5 shows up as expected when you get to the print process as seen in the 1st page of the attached.
I know this is somewhat of a lengthy explanation, but I felt it necessary to get this all out there the first go, so anyone who might reply wouldn't have a ton of questions.
Many thanks in advance for anyone who has the solution to this maddening issue.:banghead:

Macroman99
04-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Well I guess this one can be labeled solved, found the answer myself, was looking in the wrong place in the ribbon, duh!