PDA

View Full Version : Webservice into Excel

manka
03-29-2016, 08:04 AM
Hi there

I came across this website when I tried to find a solution to calling a webservice. In particular, the thread found by putting "36765 add a webservice reference to an excel 2010 sheet" into google. Unfortunately as a newbie I can't post direct links.

I would like to do something similar to check whether a VAT number is valid for a particular customer of the business.

The WDSL service can be found by typing checkVatService.wsdl into google (on vies website)

You are able to test the service using the details on the webpage found by typing "vies technical Information.html" into google

I wondered whether it is possible to incorporate the above into the code in the post referred to; I'd ideally like to check multiple VAT numbers at a time but not sure if its possible either?

Thanks for looking through. I'm just starting out with VBA so I'm sure I'll be back here again and again!!!

Kenneth Hobs
03-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I don't know that many are using soap anymore. You can see example VBA code at: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/showthread.php?34354-How-to-use-WSDL-SOAP-to-Get-Forex-Rates-into-Excel

manka
03-30-2016, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the reply. That is the one I'd found, but I must confess my technical ability to manipulate the example into my scenario is all but none existent! However, is SOAP is redundant technology I may just have to go with the manual process of checking each one in turn!