PDA

View Full Version : Identifying Duplicate E-mail Addresses with Different First and Last Names

ProdAnalyst
03-30-2016, 03:00 PM
Hello! My first post here and I'm hoping you all can possibly help guide me on a manual task that I'm currently trying to automate!

I have a list of contacts that I receive regularly in a spreadsheet that contains the First Name, Last Name, E-mail Address, and a number of other columns with some other data. Due to the nature of the spreadsheet, there are duplicate entries. (It has a one to many type relationship with another worksheet)

Sample spreadsheet attached.

Expected Result:
- Automatically highlight all rows containing John Smith's e-mail because not all of the entries have the same name.
- No change to Jane Doe even though its duplicated because the first and last name both match

My current workflow is to paste the data into another spreadsheet and then remove duplicates and then use Conditional Formatting to highlight the duplicate e-mail addresses. I'm wondering if there is perhaps some better way of doing this using VBA/functions that I might not be aware of.

Thanks in advance!