PDA

View Full Version : Checking if other sheets in the workbook contain the same content as a defined cell

dantor19
04-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Hello all. I am struggling to find a solution, and help would be much appreciated. I have a workbook with about 40 sheets in it(and growing), that I'm using as a database to log repairs done to robotic lighting fixtures. Each fixture has a unique serial # that I enter in B1 on every sheet, and every sheet is identical in its formatting and layout. Every time I receive a unit I enter all the information in a new sheet. I'm looking for a way to check if any other older (lower numbered) sheets in the workbook contains an identical serial # found in B1. This would automatically answer the question I currently manually enter in Q1 "Worked on previously?". This would have to be a macro, that I could easily/automatically apply to each sheet after or while I enter the serial # into B1 on that sheet. It would also be very helpful to have the sheet name/s and dates (E1) of the previously worked on units appear somewhere(ideally column R) on the current sheet of that unit. I've spent many hours and days trying to understand how to do this in VBA, but am struggling to find any existing code that I am able to modify for my specific purposes. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!