PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Conditional Formatting Formula

Nick72310
04-07-2016, 07:27 AM
I cannot seem to get my Conditional Formatting Formula to work. I have tried two different formulas and neither of them work. I want this to apply to every cell on the worksheet. A1 in both formulas below, needs to be changing for every cell.

Formulas I tried:
MATCH(1,(Table_Item_Pending_Cost[ITEM_NUMBER]=A1)*(Table_Item_Pending_Cost[ORGANIZATION_ITEM_STATUS]=""Active""),0)<>1

(VLOOKUP(A1,Table_Item_Pending_Cost,2,0))<>"Active"

Bob Phillips
04-08-2016, 04:03 AM
Why are you using two quotes either side of Active?

What happens/doesn't happen?

What does the data look like?

Help us, and we might be able to help you.

Nick72310
04-08-2016, 06:11 AM
The reason I am using quotes is because if I just enter the formula in a cell, I get an error without them. If I add quotes, I get what I am looking for.

All I want to happen is to highlight the specific cell if it's Vlookup in a table is not equal to the word Active.

The data itself is sensitive information, so I cannot share that. But, it consists of manufactured part number that contain letters and number (example: NICK-72310)

Bob Phillips
04-08-2016, 10:18 AM
The reason I am using quotes is because if I just enter the formula in a cell, I get an error without them. If I add quotes, I get what I am looking for.

Yeah,, but why two sets?

All I want to happen is to highlight the specific cell if it's Vlookup in a table is not equal to the word Active.

The data itself is sensitive information, so I cannot share that. But, it consists of manufactured part number that contain letters and number (example: NICK-72310)

=VLOOKUP(A1,Table_Item_Pending_Cos,2,0)<>"Active" works fine for me

Nick72310
04-08-2016, 11:05 AM
I'm not sure why there are 2 sets. Excel is putting them in there on it's own. The only way excel is allowing me to enter the formula is without the equal sign. Then as soon as I select "apply", it enters the equal sign, plus the additional quotes.

The formula does not work for me. (I have the entire spreadsheet selected for the range.)

Bob Phillips
04-08-2016, 12:04 PM
You need to delete the " before the V of VLOOKU, change the "" to a single " before Active, and the """ to a single " after Active.

Nick72310
04-08-2016, 12:16 PM
:) It works now! Thank you!
I'm not sure why it adds the quotations automatically...