PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Filter question

blackie42
04-08-2016, 04:36 AM
Hi,

Wondering if its possible to do the following

In column C (starting at C10) I have an amount, in column D (again starting at D10) I will start with nothing, a dropdown list/filter
in col G that is set to N to begin with (i.e. C10 does not equal D10)

If I select Y in the filter on that line (because the filter selection has Y unchecked) the line will disappear/hide as it should

My issue is that I can select the Y even though C10 (or any others in that column of course) don't necessarily = D10 -
the line will disappear/hide anyway. I only want this to happen where the amount in cell C = cell D - so matches

Anyway to stop this happening if the 2 cells don't match (and for all cells on cols C& D) when selecting Y in the line filter?

many thanks

Jon

Bob Phillips
04-08-2016, 04:51 AM
When none are equal, Y does show as a filter value for me.

blackie42
04-08-2016, 05:17 AM
Apologies I might not have explained very well

The row dropdown in cell G is set to N to signify that cell C does not equal cell D

I want to stop the row dropdown in cell G from being set to Y unless cell C = cell D

I would use the main filter to only show those rows that have N in the dropdown

Bob Phillips
04-08-2016, 10:21 AM
I think I already got that, but as I say, if there are none equal, the filter dropdown only has an N, so you can't set it to Y

blackie42
04-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Sorry still not explaining to well - column G has a data validation list with either Y or N

What I was trying to ask was is it possible to not select Y unless the cells C & D are the same - the filter would allow me to hide rows where these 2 cells
do match.

I know you can set errors & alerts in data validation but not sure it can handle a condition?

thanks
Jon