PDA

View Full Version : Different charts in one diagram: chart modification problem

hunsnowboard
04-09-2016, 03:51 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am trying to make a dartboard diagram in Excel.

My goal is to make a good visualisation graph. The problem is simple: there is a given value and several departments made guesses on the value. I think the best way to visualize is to have a graph like a dartboard. The bulls eye is the given value and I place around it the hits (the guesses).

I want to achieve this by making a plot diagram which shows the hits, and then add a circle diagram (this would be the bulls eye). Then I add a doughnut chart which controls the bull's eye width. And then, finally I need to add another doughnut chart because I would like also to have another color showing the very far hits (there is a threshold and to show those who went over it).

I have the file almost ready, the only problem is that when I set the size of my first doughnut chart the pie chart gets also converted to doughnut chart and therefore the bulls eye becomes a white hole (I would like to have the bulls eye area green).

This is the line I am having problem with:

ActiveChart.ChartGroups(1).DoughnutHoleSize = 19

I thing the problem is that excel groups the pie chart with the doughnut chart therefore changing the pie chart to doughnut. Is there a way to prevent this?

I also have a second question/problem. When I add the second doughnut chart the two doughnuts again are grouped (I do not group them in the code, so I really do not understand why they become grouped) and therefore I do not know how to set the sizes of the doughnut holes individually.

I attach the file (please look for module 'C_Diagram_keszito' and for the above line).

I also attach a jpg showing the end result I would like to get.1587815879

hunsnowboard
04-10-2016, 02:56 AM
Isn't there someone who could help me out? :(